Good morning! Just popping in real quick to report back on the recipe from yesterday’s lunch.
Curly Pasta & Chicken Toss
Slightly adapted from Pampered Chef recipe.
1 8 oz. package of uncooked gemelli pasta
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp salt
1 10.5 oz. can chicken broth
2 large carrots, peeled & cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp canola oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tbls fresh basil, snipped
1/4-1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, salt and chicken broth in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat and add minced garlic and diced chicken. Stir-fry for 5 minutes just to brown the outside of the chicken. Remove from skillet and set aside. (Note: the chicken does not need to be cooked all the way through at this point; however, it should be cooked a bit more than shown in the following picture.)
4. Heat remaining tsp of oil in skillet on medium heat and add carrots. Stir-fry for about 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and bell pepper and continue stir-frying for another 2-3 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
6. Pour broth mixture and browned chicken into the skillet with veggies and cook until slightly thickened.
7. Remove from heat and stir in snipped basil and cooked pasta.
8. Scoop into individual bowls and sprinkle Parmesan cheese liberally over the top. Serve immediately.