I first found the idea for these Football Rice Krispies Treats on Pinterest. Of course, they had me at
hello ‘peanut butter and chocolate’ so I made them for last year’s Super Bowl. Since they’re so cute and easy, I went ahead and made them again for our Super Bowl party this past weekend.
I followed the recipe exactly from the Rice Krispies website so I take no credit, but here it is in my own words for quick reference.
3 tbls butter
1 10 oz package of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
6 cups of Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies
White canned decorating icing
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until completely melted.
3. Turn off heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
4. Add Cocoa Krispies and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow mixture.
5. Let cool for just a few minutes so you don’t burn your fingers. Then grab small handfuls and mold into football shapes.
*Don’t worry about making them perfect. The laces hide some of the imperfections.
6. Draw laces on one side of each football with white icing.
I must have picked a bad can of icing this year because it was acting up the whole time, sometimes coming out super fast, other times barely crawling out. As a result my laces were all over the place and a little squirrely looking. But I did my best!
Strong Core Workout
I came up with this ab/core workout sometime last week and have done it a few times now. All you need is one dumbbell.
Here are some links to explain some of the exercises.
Slow Crunches – just regular style crunches but hold at the top for a second or two.
I used a 12 pound dumbbell and the entire workout took less than 10 minutes for 2 rounds. I finished up feeling nice and strong!