Good Monday Morning! <— that phrase might fall under the definition of an oxymoron. I’m not sure the word “good” goes with either “Monday” or “morning”?
2 tbls oil (I used coconut)
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 lb. turkey breakfast sausage (I used Jennie O brand)
Splash of milk or water
Salt & pepper
Other spices (i.e. paprika, chili powder, red pepper flakes, etc.)
2 tbls fresh cilantro, snipped
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute until tender-crisp.
2. Add sausage and cook through.
3. Meanwhile, crack eggs in a large bowl and whisk with a splash of water until well combined. Season with salt, pepper and other spices, to taste. When sausage is fully cooked, turn heat down to low and pour in egg mixture.
4. After about 4-5 minutes (or until bottom has set and top is still a little uncooked), place skillet in the oven on broil.
5. Broil for 4-5 minutes until top is set and just starts to brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
6. With a large plate or skillet lid covering the top of the skillet, turn frittata upside down to remove. .
7. Slice and serve immediately.
Plus I had a little help with my favorite Cholula hot sauce on top and also a crock pot sweet potato alongside for some extra staying power.