Try to say that 10 times fast! 😉
I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen recently and I was in the mood for something sweet!
Based on my crazy obsession with all things chocolate and peanut butter and the fact bananas just make that combo even better, my mind naturally turned towards these ingredients. And behold…
Deliciousness! Similar to a chocolate covered banana, but bite-sized and easy to pop in your mouth for a quick treat! 🙂
Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
1 banana (chilled in refrigerator, if possible)
4 tbls chocolate peanut butter
1 tbls + 1 tsp coconut oil
1-2 tbls peanut butter, divided
1. Slice banana into thin slices.
2. Place half the banana slices on a piece of parchment (or wax) paper. Dab each slices with a small amount of peanut butter and top with remaining slices. Put in freezer for about an hour or until mostly frozen.
3. While the slices are freezing, combine chocolate peanut butter and coconut oil into a bowl and microwave just until melted, stirring occasionally. Once bananas are frozen, insert a toothpick into each bite and dip in the chocolate mixture.
4. Place each bite back onto the parchment paper (or mini cupcake liners) and return to freezer until chocolate coating has hardened completely.
5. Double dip the bites again in the chocolate mixture and remove toothpicks. Return to freezer again until hardened.