Guess what I did a few days ago?
Yep, a trip to Trader Joe’s! After I talked about it last time, the idea became stuck in my head and I just had to make a quick trip over there.
I purchased lots of new-to-me products so it was yet again another successful trip! I found myself the most excited about the following:
- Buffalo Jerky – a little bit sweet & spicy and very tender
- Coconut Chips – crunchy little strips of dried coconut; would be very tasty in a trail mix!
- Coconut Oil Spray – makes using coconut oil much less messy
- Roasted Frozen Corn – can’t wait to whip up a Mexican corn dip with easy, pre-roasted corn
- Individual Frozen Basil Cubes – just pop em out and throw in soups, sauces, pasta, etc.
- Espresso Pillows:
As usual, I always snag an impulse buy while at the register checking out and these did not disappoint! A hint of chocolate, toffee and coffee. I’ve been keeping these guys in my desk drawer at work for when my sweet tooth kicks in!
I also picked up a giant container of fresh basil (for cheap!), vine ripened tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella.
In a matter of minutes, these ingredients came together for one of my very favorite salads.
I don’t know what it is about this combination, but I absolutely love it! Fresh ingredients are the key!
I also love the addition of avocado but unfortunately, I had a bum avocado so I had to do without.
Obviously, this isn’t my recipe but I couldn’t help sharing such a perfect dish for summer.
Salt & pepper
Slice tomatoes and mozzarella about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Alternate layers of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, to taste.