Have you ever had a no-chip manicure before?
I had one done about a year ago when I was living in the city and after only two days, the nail polish already chipped. And by chipped, I mean it was coming off in sheets! After spending twice the amount of a normal manicure, this girl was not happy. Nor was I convinced that this “no-chip” business was true.
Since then, I continued to hear wonderful things from so many people about the no-chip and how it lasts at least 2 weeks and blah blah blah….. so I decided to give it another try.
Well, you see that chip on my middle finger? It happened yesterday, sadly.
But that was after 5 solid weeks! Granted, my nails have grown out a lot and they look terrible in this picture but I was determined to see how long the polish lasted. And now I’m a believer in the wonders of no-chip manicures! Totally worth the extra $$, in my opinion.
Warm Brussel Sprouts Salad
Okay so now moving on to a delicious meal!
Similar to the concept of a warm spinach salad, I subbed in Trader Joe’s shredded brussel sprouts for the spinach and added plump dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and creamy goat cheese.
And to round out the salad and become a complete meal, I topped with grilled chicken breast. Delish!
10 oz. bag of TJ’s shredded brussel sprouts*
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pecans
2 oz. crumbled goat cheese
2 grilled chicken breasts (optional)
1. On medium heat in a large skillet, add pecans and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and toasted.
2. Once toasted, pour pecans onto a cutting board and coarsely chop. Set aside.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray and pour in shredded brussel sprouts. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, salt, pepper and cranberries. Stir and let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, the brussel sprouts are tender and the dried cranberries plump up a bit.
5. Dish up onto plates or in bowls and top with toasted pecans, goat cheese, and grilled chicken, if desired.
Have a wonderful Thursday!