Several great things about today:
- Obviously, it’s Friday which means the weekend is here!
- Today is the official first day of summer.
- According to one source, the sun will be out for 15 hours and 6 minutes marking the longest day of the year… over 6 hours longer than it is December 21st.
- And finally, in at number 4…
The cutest face in the world! 🙂 As I was getting ready for work this morning, I passed by my sleeping boys and these eyes were poking out of the covers. I just couldn’t resist giving Mac some puppy cuddles before heading out for the day!
Chicken and Veggie Kebabs
Last night’s dinner was DELISH!
Chicken and veggie kebabs and corn-on-the-cob all cooked on the grill.
While I was waiting for Dave to get back from golf, I whipped up a quick marinade for the chicken which consisted of:
- Juice of one large lemon
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Approximately 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Side note: I found these smaller containers of fresh herbs at Jewel yesterday. I hate spending $4 on fresh herbs only to use for one recipe so I was soo excited to find these little packages. PLUS, they were only $1 a piece!
I chopped the chicken into large chunks (about 1″ cubes) and coated with the marinade in a large ziploc bag.
While the chicken was doing its thing, I gathered all the veggies together. Green peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, and very mini potatoes.
Dave arrived home in perfect timing to help create the kebabs!
Meanwhile, I soaked the corn in the husks in some water before we cooked them on the grill. We’ve found that getting some moisture inside the husks helps steam and cook the corn faster.
Everything on the grill!
The corn took a bit longer but the kebabs were done in a matter of about 5 minutes.
We both agreed this will go on our favorite dinner list… a perfect summer meal! 🙂