Good morning and happy Friday!!!
Did you know today is International (Working) Women’s Day? March 8th is celebrated to acknowledge women’s rights in the workforce, as well as in society and politics. Kinda cool, right?
Hmm I guess I’ll celebrate by working today! Any other ladies want to join me? 😉
And I’ll also celebrate by sharing my delicious dinner from the other night. Enjoy!
Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
2 tilapia fillets
1 tbls fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup coconut flour
Sprinkle of cayenne, salt and pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup crushed macadamia nuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix together parsley and flour and spread evenly over the bottom of a plate. Lay tilapia fillets down and coat the outside completely with flour mixture.
3. In a large shallow bowl, whisk egg. Sprinkle in cayenne, salt, and pepper. Move tilapia fillets over and dunk into the egg mixture until coated.
4. Place chopped macadamia nuts in another plate. Carefully, move fillets over and spoon nuts over the top until coated on both sides.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. (If you have a cooling rack or wire rack, place fillets on top of the rack so the heat is evenly dispersed while cooking. If not, flip halfway through.)
My favorite part of this fish was the extremely toasted macadamia nuts. I guess I didn’t chop the nuts to be the same size so the larger ones got very toasty. Loved the taste!
– If you are not a huge fan of fish, I bet this recipe would work just as well on chicken breast! However, the cooking times will likely need some adjustments.
– Instead of macadamia nuts, try subbing in coconut, almonds, pistachios, or another nut.