Yep that’s right! Pizza for breakfast!
Now that’s something to look forward to waking up to!
Not only are they personal size so you can gobble it all up by yourself, but they are even a healthy way to start the day.
Eggs baked with whatever toppings you dream covered in a layer of sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. This is good stuff right here.
Personal Pizza Pies for Breakfast
1 tbls oil, any kind
1-2 cups any veggies (I used 1/2 diced green pepper & 6 ounces chopped mushrooms)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1-2 tbls each fresh oregano and basil, snipped
1/2 cup marinara sauce, or pizza sauce
1/2 -3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
18 slices turkey pepperoni
1. Heat oil in a skillet and saute veggies until softened.
2. Divide veggies among 6 individual greased tart pans. (Ramekins would work too.)
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until smooth and add salt & pepper, to taste. Divide egg mixture into each tin.
4. Bake at 350 for approximately 25 to 35 minutes, or until the center has just firmed up completely. Remove and set oven to broil.
5. Sprinkle fresh herbs and spread a spoonful of sauce over the top. Then, add shredded cheese and top with pepperoni. Put in the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts and browns just a bit. Devour!
I ate my first pizza right out of the oven with the cheese all melty and delicious.
And the others I actually ate cold. I am a huge fan of cold pizza so it was the same concept. I barely remembered there were eggs under there, it tasted a bit like cold deep dish pizza. But I’m sure they would be great nuked in the microwaved for a few seconds as well.
I will totally be making these again. Yum!
One more thought before signing off for the day… this is my 100th post on Berry Sweet Lauren! I can hardly believe it 🙂 Thanks to all my readers!