Wheww that title is a mouthful! But we’ll get to that in a second. First, an honorable mention goes out to one of my very favorite grocery stores, Trader Joe’s!
I just love all the unique products they carry and never fail to bring home more than I intended. I always get sucked into checking out their new products and love taking a few extra minutes to browse.
It feels like an eternity since I’ve shopped at a TJ’s. It hasn’t been exactly the most conveniently located grocery store when I lived in either Chicago or now St. Charles, but I had some extra time yesterday afternoon so I ran in to grab a few things.
This probably wasn’t the most exciting purchases I’ve ever made but we have plenty of snacks at home and were in need of produce. But as always, the dark chocolate almonds caught my eye as I was waiting to check out so in my basket they went! 😉
A some point while baking those cookies last weekend, something happened to our oven door and it is currently out of commission. Sad day. As a result, I’ve been rather limited to cooking on the stove or microwave. Fortunately, I picked up a bag of shredded brussel sprouts (so good!) and was inspired by the recipe for Cheesy Garlic and Herb Brussel Sprouts with Sausage from Carrots N’ Cake.
I made a few minor changes/additions but couldn’t believe how easy and tasty this recipe turned out! All it takes is a few minutes to brown the sausage, saute the shredded brussel sprouts, and then toss with cheese.
I substituted the Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese for the Sundried Tomato & Basil flavor and added chopped sundried tomatoes and a sprinkling of extra parmesan cheese. Creamy and delicious!
Sundried Tomato Brussel Sprout & Spicy Sausage Bowl
Slightly adapted from this recipe
2 spicy chicken sausages, sliced
2 tbls olive oil, divided
1 10 oz. bag of shredded brussel sprouts
Salt & pepper, to taste
4 sundried tomato & basil Laughing Cow cheese wedges
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (the dry bagged ones, not packed in oil)
1-2 tbls shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Brown the sausage in a skillet with 1 tbls of olive oil for about 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, boil a cup of water and pour into a bowl along with the sundried tomatoes to soften.
2. Add the brussel sprouts, remaining oil, and salt & pepper to the skillet. Saute until sprouts are bright green and tender.
3. Drain water from tomatoes and finely chop. Additionally, unwrap cheese wedges and place in a large bowl with tomatoes.
4. Once the brussel sprout mixture is cooked, pour into bowl with cheese and tomatoes. Combine until evenly coated.
5. Serve in bowls with parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top, if desired. Dig in!